VVF is building a national network of Veterans. Using a combination of new technologies, grassroots campaigns, and social media, VVF is identifying, educating, and mobilizing Veterans across America.
Over the past decade, technology and public policy advances have been fast and fierce. VVF is committed to reaching Veterans where they are. Our team uses such tools as: direct mail, email, social media, peer-to-peer texting, and more.
In addition to new technologies, VVF relies on traditional methods of organizing. VVF’s staff is continually expanding outreach efforts across the country, through face-to-face meetings, hosting group events, and phone contact.
We know building Veteran communities is important for our work. The combination of these strategies allows VVF to do just that. We are stronger when we unite and empower Veterans’ voices on vital issues impacting our democracy.
Founded in 2009, the mission of VV Foundation is to empower Veterans across the country to become civic leaders and policy advocates by providing the support, training, and tools they need to continue their service and find new missions at home. VVF seeks to harness the energy and drive of the dedicated men and women who have fought for their country and put it to work at home and in their communities on the important issues they face, such as the environment, voting rights, disinformation, health care, jobs, and more.
VVF helps these Veterans to:
- Speak out on issues of concern to Veterans via letters to the editor, media appearances, and speaking at civic and community events;
- Stand with their fellow Veterans to help build a larger progressive infrastructure in this country, to address our nation’s social and economic problems;
- Become leaders in their communities in both civic and social organizations;
- Engage in direct and grassroots lobbying on issues and legislation of concern to the community; and,
- Register and turn out to vote.
VV Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, for charitable and educational purposes.